Lydden and River Primary School Federation
Our Aims and Ethos
Educating children as they grow up and preparing them to lead safe, happy, healthy and successful lives is at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to supporting every aspect of a child’s development including:
- Enjoyment and
These outcomes are the key to ensuring children can make a full and active contribution to the community, achieving success and well being in childhood and in later life.
- To provide a safe, happy and stimulating learning environment that provides for the needs of individual children.
- To provide an engaging broad and rich curriculum that enables learners to achieve.
- To guide children towards becoming independent, lifelong learners.
- To encourage pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds with the ability to question and argue rationally.
- To develop each child’s understanding of how they learn best so empowering them to take responsibility for their own learning.
- To encourage the development of good citizenship by active involvement in the life of the school, neighbourhood and wider community.
- To instil in the children a high level of self-esteem and confidence in their own worth.
- To maintain purposeful home/school partnerships through effective communication.
- To develop understanding, instil respect and value of other religions, races, ethnic groups, gender and ways of life.
- To develop a caring and responsible attitude, welcoming diversity and rejecting discrimination of any kind.
- To encourage pupils to apply themselves and make the most of every opportunity offered to them.
The ethos of our schools reflects the values and attitudes that characterise any caring family and community. The atmosphere of the schools, the quality of relationships and the way in which each school helps to deal with difficulties all combine to develop children who will have a fair sense of justice and the ability to be valued citizens of the future.
In our federation we aim for our children to grow and develop in an environment where they are cared for, listened to and respected as well as being given consistent, secure and firm boundaries.
Our values are central to achieving our aims and sustaining the positive ethos of our school. As a moral compass, they guide us from day to day in our learning, thinking and decision making. The impact of our values is evident in the daily life of the school.
We all show that we value:
- Honesty, by telling the truth and being true to our word
- Respect, by valuing the diversity, rights and property of others
- Friendship, by showing consideration to others
- Responsibility, by contributing positively to our whole school community, by accepting the consequences of actions and by agreeing and following simple rules
- Endeavour, by striving to achieve our best and valuing also the achievements of others
- Contribution by working together appropriately to achieve our aims
- Enjoyment through active involvement in school life and making the most of our opportunities
We reject: Discrimination Racism Bullying Cheating Deceit Cruelty Irresponsibility Dishonesty