Year 2 Home Learning
Here are our home learning activities if you are currently learning from home
Further details for each area can be found through the tabs below.
Mrs Diamond's Class, please email learning to:
Mrs Peachey's Class, please email learning to:
Additional learning activities
Reading everyday –
https://stories.audible.com/start-listen -instantly stream an incredible range of stories for FREE!
https://manybooks.net/search-book?field_genre%5B14%5D=14 – free e-books (mainly children’s classics)
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/reading-owl/library-page - over 100 books free to access
https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories?page=2 – stories for younger children.
https://bit.ly/AudioElevenses - David Walliams releasing a free audio story daily
- Some free writing now and then. A diary or daily log or even a comic. Also:
www.thereadingrealm.co.uk – writing linked to some reading activities.
http://www.pobble365.com/ - resources to help inspire writing
https://www.literacyshedplus.com/en-gb/browse/free-resources - reading comprehensions and writing packs.
- Practical hands on maths. Cooking (measuring, weighing, ratios), online shopping, board and card games, reading the time (over learn this), plan a schedule with timings, use the tv guide to plan viewing.
-https://nrich.maths.org/9084 - maths activities to engage in.
-https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/b08bzfnh - TV programme for younger children.
-http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/dictionary.html – useful to add link for parents if they are ‘stuck’ on a particular mathematical term
-www.topmarks.co.uk - huge range of tablet friendly resources for mental maths
- Go outside and observe the natural world. Create a daily weather log. Grow plants and look at the differences in them on a daily basis. Look up at the night sky and observe the stars, learn about the constellations.
- https://www.stem.org.uk/primary-science - topic linked science resources
- www.stormedapps.co.uk - Science for Early Years
- https://www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk/actions - Practical Science activities to help nature
- https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/paultyler -Science activities for older children
Access the class page section on the website. Choose PE and ‘Current Learning’ open the grid. There are a range of activities for you to have a go at on here.
- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 - Joe Wicks 30min workout everyday livestreaming at 9am.
-https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers - follow the exercise routines
- https://www.cosmickids.com – yoga activities for children
Access the class page section on the website. Choose Music and ‘Current Learning’ open the page. There are a range of activities for you to have a go at on here.
- Some fine motor work. Lego, cutting, playdough, tidying up small toys.
- Some art/music where possible through the week. Doesn't always need to be guided.
- https://www.bl.uk/childrens-books/videos/axel-scheffler-how-to-draw-a-gruffalo - different instructional guides for characters from well-loved stories.
- There are a range of artists and musicians offering live streams or with you tube channels to guide you through some art activities.
Across the curriculum
- https://world-geography-games.com/world.html world games
- https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/ - the full range of topics your child is likely to study at primary level.
- https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors - some great ideas to inspire activities.
-Jamie Oliver - helps the nation with easy recipes, cooking tips, and ingenious hacks whilst many of us are staying at home. Jamie: Keep Cooking and Carry On starts Monday at 5:30pm on Channel 4
-https://www.jamesdysonfoundation.co.uk/content/dam/pdf/JDF_with%20cover%20challenge-cards_DIGITAL.pdf Dyson challenge cards – how many can you complete?